Customer Support > Generate CSR > Apache
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), perform the following steps:
1. The utility "OpenSSL" is used to generate both Private Key (key) and Certificate Signing request (CSR). OpenSSL is usually installed under /usr/local/ssl/bin. If you have a custom install, you will need to adjust these instructions appropriately.
2. Type the following command at the prompt:
openssl genrsa –des3 –out www.mydomain.com.key 2048
3. Enter the PEM Pass Phrase (This MUST be remembered)
4. This will generate a 2048 RSA Private key, and stores it in the file www.mydomain.com.key.
1. Type the following command at the prompt:
openssl req –new –key www.mydomain.com.key –out www.mydomain.com.csr
Note: You will be prompted for the PEM Pass Phrase if you included the "-des3" command. Type it in now.
NOTE: There is a known issue with Apache/OpenSSL Windows Based Installations. If you recevie an error with the above command, Please enter the following:
2. Input the information for the Certificate Signing Request. This information will be displayed in the certificate.
Note: The following characters can not be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?.,&
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]:GB
Note: DO NOT Enter the following:
Email Address :
3. Please verify the CSR, to insure all information is correct. Use the following command:
openssl req -noout -text -in www.mydomain.com.csr
4. The CSR will now be created, and can be submitted via the website.
|© Copyright AlphaSSL. All RIghts Reserved.|