To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR), perform the following steps:
1. From the menu bar, choose "Operations > Create Certificate Request". The "Create Certificate" dialog box appears.
2. Enter the following information in the required fields:
Common Name: Enter the exact host and domain name that you require to secure.
(Must be the Fully Qualified Domain Name: www.yourdomain.com)
Organizational Unit: Enter the name of the identity's Organizational Unit.
Organization: Enter the name of the identity's Organization.
(Example: ABC Corp)
Locality/City: Enter the name of the locality or city in which the identity resides.
State/Province: Enter the full name of the state or province in which the identity resides.
Country: Choose the drop-down list to view a list of country abbreviations. Select the country in which the Organization is located.
Key Size: Choose the drop-down box to view a list of key sizes to use when creating the public/private key pair.
Advanced: DO NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION
3. Choose "OK".
An Oracle Wallet Manager dialog box informs you that a certificate request was successfully created.
You can either copy the certificate request text from the body of this dialog panel and paste it into an e-mail message to send to a certificate authority, or you can export the certificate request to a file.
4. Choose "OK". You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window; the status of the certificate is changed to "Requested".
Export CSR into text file for submission to a Certification Authority:
1. From the menu bar, choose "Operations > Export Certificate Request". The "Export Certificate Request" dialog box appears.
2. Enter the file system directory in which you want to save the Certificate Request, or navigate to the directory structure under "Folders".
3. In the "Enter File Name" field, enter a file name to save your Certificate Request.
4. Choose "OK".
5. A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the Certificate Request was successfully exported to the file.
You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window.